Law is among the prominent career choices for students in India. It offers plenty of job opportunities for high prestige in an evergreen sector for job opportunities. There are bountiful options for law graduates in India, like specializing in civil or criminal law, patent law, corporate laws, etc. After obtaining a legal degree, they are open to numerous opportunities to practice as lawyers in court or corporate firms. With the law degree from a prestigious college like Chandigarh University, they can also engage in other sectors like corporate management, administrative services, etc.
About Chandigarh University
Regarded among the top universities in India for legal studies, Chandigarh University is highly sought after by students. The ace university with A+ grade, UGC and NAAC accreditation, offers brilliant academics and practical exposure to students with numerous Chandigarh University courses. It aims to enhance the potential of the students to develop the relevant skills as well as a curious mind for a bright career. It is the youngest and premier university to avail the given grade. The state private university is among the top fast-growing Asian universities. Its innovative and global academic approach has made it highly preferable among students. It comprises a vast network of 270+ international universities for providing an international learning environment. CU provides flexible, experimental and interdisciplinary learning to students. It is to assist in the holistic development of the students to pursue their dream career. The university has roped in academic geniuses as teaching faculty to assist students and instil essential skills.
University School of Legal Studies
The University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) comprises approval of the Bar Council of India for offering legal education, being the centre of research and teaching facilities. UILS aims to convert the aspiring students into the legal professional leader of the future. The programs would prepare the students with critical thinking, evaluation, and skills to hand any challenge. It offers a matchless blend of judicial academics with practicality. The interactive learning with the global exposure of students will sharpen their minds and prepare them for their future career roles and obstacles.
Programs at University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS)
- Bachelor of Arts + Bachelor of Law (B.A. LL.B) – Integrated
- Bachelor of Law (LL.B)
- Bachelor of Commerce + Bachelor of Law (B.Com. LL.B) – Integrated
- Bachelor of Business Administration plus Bachelor of Law (B.B.A. LL.B) – Integrated
- Master of Law (LL.M)
Specializations at University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS)
The UILS at Chandigarh offers the following specializations for exception skills and intellectual development of students:
- International Law
- Business and Corporate Law
- Criminal Law
- Constitutional Law
University School of Legal Studies- Curriculum
The prestigious Chandigarh University offers valuable and career-driven legal courses at its massive wing of University School of Legal Studies. It is a top-rated institute by the students for the beyond textbook approach for the courses. The institute aims to teach the essential skills for understanding the complexities of legal studies. The academic structure designing is done thoroughly for the development of logical reasoning and analysis skills. UILS offers a specific and extensive curriculum that allows the students to develop requisite skills and ethical values.
- The students are imparted global standard academics with the scope of flexibility.
- The students can avail ample exposure to Moot Court Sessions & Clinic Programs.
- Regular seminars and workshops are held for boosting the skills and confidence of students.
- They also have the benefit of Active Mentoring by some of the most prestigious and learned Legal Experts.
- Curriculum mapped with prestigious National & International Universities.
- Visits for exposure like Court Visits, Jail Visits, Police Station Visits, etc.
- Regular brainstorming sessions with revered Judicial Fraternity for better understanding of the field.
- Assistance in judicial & other competitive exams preparation.
- International Student Exchange Programs for broader academic development.
- Extensive student exposure through Industry Visits, Guest Interactions and Corporate Mentoring.
Along with the impeccable educational facilities, there is an active placement cell to connect the students with legal professionals. The placement programs groom them and offer soft skills training for efficient conversion of the opportunities into a thriving career. As law and order are the essentials of the Indian constitution, there is a surplus job opportunity for the students with a law degree. With widening prospects of the legal services, there are numerous career opportunities for the aspirant in the legal sector as well as other prominent industries.